First, my name is Pamela, I'm trying to sell this property for my "new" step-Dad since he doesn't know how to use a computer. I say "new" because he recently married my Mom. But unfortunately they were only married 3 months before she had a sudden stroke and passed away. :(
QR Code Link to This Post
Happily for our small family, however, "Bill" wants to remain in my Mom's house in Canandaigua, and stay a part of our family. Meanwhile, he is at a loss to know what to do with this property in Batavia! He bought it years ago for $35,000 to fix up for himself, but with limited funds and time, could not make it livable.
He was able to put a septic system in, however - a health dep't board approved one, too. And since he bought it, city water was hooked up.
But this house has challenges.
First, it's in a protected flood zone area so "major construction" permits are supposedly not possible. A roof permit will be allowed, however. I guess what you do, you have to basically do on the existing foundation - and do all the rest at your own risk.
Second, it is unknown whether the foundation is good. When my Dad bought it, the cellar had water in it, so he removed the entire bottom floor and filled the cellar in. He also removed the top floor, and of course everything inside. So it's just a shell. To rebuild the 2-story, 1500 sq. total feet house (which has to be done on the existing foundation) the 750 sq foot foundation might have to be repaired. My thought is that you should assume the worst on this, and plan on the possibility.
But with all these challenges, there are some things that gives this property potential:
* Location is just 10 minutes south of the city limits of Batavia, in the town of Batavia. Alexander school district.
* Nice neighborhood and neighbors. The closest house next door is very nice.
* Gorgeous 2.5 acres! It actually used to be Bluebird park. It features rolling terrain, with mature oak and maple, and a small orchard of peach and pear trees that my Dad planted. The Tonawanda creek is in the back, too! The property borders it. Deer, and wildlife abound.
* My Dad also spent a lot of money to bring fill dirt in, to elevate the land up around the house. The ground level is higher than his neighbors.
* He also had a health department approved septic system put in.
* Finally he has a huge amount of building materials that he purchased. The house is full of lumber, as well as windows, etc. , and a couple of sheds he built, too.
* One of the sheds is partially "livable" with electric and heat. It's where my Dad would sleep over when he was doing work there.
* Again, all utilities ready, and new city water.
Overall, the land really is beautiful, so hopefully someone will see past the ugly exterior and all the work that has to be done.
Serious, ANY offer will be considered! We aren't ready to give away the address yet, because he lives an hour away and doesn't want to meet people out there unless they are very serious. So please talk to me first, or email me, and explain your reasoning for your offer.
(Sorry for the poor pictures. I will try to get more soon)